“Research proves that green foods are a great source of phytonutrients and also have great healing powers. The power of green can revatalize one’s health as green foods are easy on glucose levels. They are very low in sugars and because they’re packed with fiber and water, they actually help to regulate your blood sugar levels throughout the day.” NDTV Cooks
Unfortunately, this bok choy and broccoli is not fresh out of the garden, but it’s a welcome addition to a winter dinner with bamboo infused rice. This meal takes only minutes to make, and the fiber-rich ingredients are extremely satisfying.
“Going Green” Bowl Recipe
- Bamboo Infused Rice (1/2 cup prepared Lotus Organic Jade Pearl is shown)
- Baby Bok Choy, three heads
- Broccoli, one medium bunch cut into pieces (Grow Your Own Broccoli)
- Garlic and onion to taste
- Coconut Liquid Aminos (or Soy Sauce or Soy Liquid Aminos)
- Optional: For an extra kick, add ginger syrup. This is a byproduct of homemade crystallized ginger. It provides heat similar to hot sauce with the delicious ginger flavor. (Prepare Your Own Crystallized Ginger)
Prepare the rice as instructed on the package and set aside. Add broccoli and bok choy to lightly sautéed garlic and onion in a pan. Drizzle with liquid aminos to taste. Stir and cook just until the broccoli and bok choy start to turn bright green. Optional: add ginger syrup or freshly grated ginger to taste. Mix with prepared rice and enjoy!
©Room2GrowGarden.com, December 15, 2017